5/18/20

Welcome to One-Punch Man Redraws!

Hello there, and welcome to the One-Punch Man Redraws blog database!

What is this blog for?

This blog is for documenting every significant artistic change in the One-Punch Man manga volumes.

What "artistic changes" do you mean?

The lead artist of One-Punch Man, Yusuke Murata, first publishes the manga online on https://tonarinoyj.jp/ on a semi-regular basis. When the manga is later published into books or "volumes", Murata often redraws any panels which either needed tweaking for the printed format, or with which he just wasn't satisfied. I have made it my mission here to document all the changes between the two versions of the manga.

What versions of the manga will be showcased?

I will be using various fan translations of the original online manga, including those by Nerieru Scans, Little Miss & Good Sir Scanlations, Boon Scanlations, and the folks over at r/OnePunchMan. Meanwhile, I will be using the official English translations by VIZ Media found in the published volumes for comparison.

Why are you doing this?

I'm just a guy who is obsessed with One-Punch Man for fun :P
Nah but really, I've just fallen in love with Yusuke Murata's artwork. He's definitely in my top three artists of all time, both in terms of manga and just art in general. Combined with ONE's masterful storytelling and quirky ideas, and you've got a recipe for fun. I just love this series and thought this might be an interesting thing for other people to look at.

Thanks, hope you stick around for my little passion project. I love One-Punch Man!

All trademarks, comics, trade names, service marks, copyrighted work, logos referenced herein belong to their respective owners/companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment